This is the last bulletin for the season. We wish you all a happy and safe summer.
Congratulations to the Graduating Class of 2009 from St. Gabriel’s School. We wish them a happy, healthy and bright future.
ADULT FAITH DEVELOPMENT
R.C.I.A. (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) meetings begin on Monday, September 21st, 2009 at 8:00 PM. These evenings are for persons interested in learning about the Catholic Faith. Because the Parish Community itself is considered the official teacher and guide for potential new members, it is important that some parishioners participate by being present and by sharing their Faith in various ways. It is also an opportunity for “Born Catholics” to deepen their understanding of the faith. Adult Catholics who wish to celebrate the Sacrament of the Eucharist and/or Confirmation are welcome. For more information, please call Mary Landry at 416-221-8866.
SUNDAY COLLECTION: June 14th, 2009
|# of Env.||113||99||136||89|
Total 2008: $174,507.20
Total to Date: $165,861.51
CHILDREN’S FAITH PROGRAM REGISTRATION
Registration forms for the Children’s Faith Program for next year are now available in the Parish Office. Please note that all registrations must be returned by June 30th. Volunteers from the Parish to teach or to assist the teachers are always welcome. Please contact Lynette Fernandes at email@example.com if interested.
ST. GABRIEL’S CHOIRS
The Senior Choir and Junior Choir will be taking a well earned break for July and August. We want to thank all of these gifted participants for their Ministry of Music. We would like to invite others to consider this important leadership role. The Senior Choir practices Tuesday evenings from 7:30 to 9:00 and sings at the 10:30 Mass. The Junior Choir practices Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 8:00 and sings at the 12:30 Mass. We invite all to consider joining! For more information, please call Marilyn Calderone at 416 – 618 – 2041.
Remember “Those who sing pray twice!”
MARRIAGE PREPARATION COURSE
A Marriage Preparation Course will take place at St. Gabriel’s Church on the weekend of November 6h to 8th. If you are interested, please contact the Parish Office. at 416-221-8866. Register early as space is limited.
GOOD SHEPHERD CASSEROLES
For the summer, your prepared chicken rice casseroles (frozen please) will be collected at all the Masses on July 25th /26th and August 29th /30th. Please mark your calendars as there is no bulletin during the summer. For more information, contact Irene Albrecht at 416-221-2791.
ST. GABRIEL’S FEAST DAY (FESTA)
On Sunday, August 23rd the Feast of St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows will be celebrated at Immaculate Conception Parish, 300 Ansley Grove Road in Woodbridge. Communal singing, prayers and confession will take place in the Church during the afternoon. A Procession and outdoor Mass will begin at 3:00 PM. Please inform all your friends.
ANNUAL MASS FOR THE FAITHFUL DEPARTED
Catholic Cemeteries – Archdiocese of Toronto wishes to invite all families within the Archdiocese of Toronto to participate in the Annual Mass for the Faithful Departed on Wednesday, August 12th, 2009 at 7:00 PM.
Cemetery locations and celebrants for this year’s annual Mass are as follows:
- Holy Cross, Thornhill – Most Rev. Richard Grecco
- Mount Hope, Toronto – Rev. Msgr. Marco Laurencic
ARCHDIOCESAN YOUTH RALLY
The Office of Catholic Youth of the Archdiocese of Toronto is calling on young people to attend the 2009 Youth Rally to be held on July 27th and 28th at Martyr’s Shrine Midland. Visit www.ocytoronto.org for more details and to register.
COLLECTION FOR ABORIGINAL COMMUNITIES IN NORTHERN ONTARIO
The synagogues of the Bayview Corridor, together with “Between Friends” are collecting some badly needed items for fourteen Aboriginal communities in Northern Ontario.
Most requested items are:
- Books – for children, teens and adults
- Skates, hockey sticks, toys, puzzles and games
- Linens – towels, dish towels, sheets, pillow cases, blankets
- All items should be in good condition.
(not text books, damaged or written in)
Donations can be dropped off at “Kids Come First” Daycare, 40 Westminster Drive, Thornhill (Steeles between Bathurst and Dufferin) between 7:30 AM and 2:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
If you have any questions, please contact Fatima Lee at 416-221-8866.
World renowned New Testament scholar Professor Raymond Collins has accepted an invitation from the parish to give a workshop on Paul in the fall (October 5th to 7th , 2009). Please mark your calendars and stay tuned.
ANNOUNCED MASSES FOR THE SUMMER
Masses are celebrated:
- Canada Day, July 1st at 10:00 AM
- Monday to Friday at 9:00 AM
- Saturday at 4:30 PM
- MONDAY, JUNE 29 YIN CHEUNG HO Requested by Mary
- TUESDAY, JUNE 30th WALTER & ARMANDO DI NARDO Requested by the Family
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 1st MARGARET HARBER Requested by the Harber Family
- THURSDAY, JULY 2nd INNOCENT D’SOUZA￼ Requested by Olga D’Souza
- FRIDAY, JULY 3rd EDDY DHARMADI Requested by Ria Dharmadi, Pudjo & Vera Dharmadi
- SATURDAY, JULY 4th ANGELA & EMILE KAHIL Requested by the Family
- MONDAY, JULY 6th MARCELINO FERNANDES Requested by Tita Fernandes and Family
- TUESDAY, JULY 7th BOZO STUKELJ Requested by Stefanie Pavlin
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 8th MARGARET HARBER Requested by the Harber Family
- THURSDAY, JULY 9th PADDY SHANAHAN Requested by Gerry Timmins
- FRIDAY, JULY, 10th CARMEN SIERRA Requested by the Corredor Family
- SATURDAY, JULY 11th CHRISTIAN GERMAIN ALLAMAN Requested by Mimi
- MONDAY, JULY 13th PETER PAVLIN Requested byStefanie Pavlin
- TUESDAY, JULY 14th ROSEMARY COLES Requested by Marie Calderone
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 15th MARGARET HARBER Requested by the Harber Family
- THURSDAY, JULY 16th MARIA SANTIANNI Requested by the Family
- FRIDAY, JULY, 17th NICOLA & CESARIA DI CIAULA Requested by the Virgilio Family
- SATURDAY, JULY 18th MR. & MRS. WALTER COOBLALL Requested by the Persaud Family
- MONDAY, JULY 20th GREGORY PAVLIN Requested by Stefanie Pavlin
- TUESDAY, JULY 21st
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 22nd MARGARET HARBER Requested by the Harber Family
- THURSDAY, JULY 23rd OTO & MICHELINE COLONGELO Requested by the Family
- FRIDAY, JULY 24th STELLA SHIM Requested by Cecilie Kim
- SATURDAY, JULY 25th SEBASTIAN & SISTER BERTHA D’GAMA Requested by Joseph D’Gama
- MONDAY, JULY 27th
- TUESDAY, JULY 28th MARY PURIANTY Requested by Hilly Tan
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 29th MARGARET HARBER Requested by the Harber Family
- THURSDAY, JULY 30th
- FRIDAY, JULY, 31st GUS CALDERONE Requested by Marie Calderone
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 1st MARILYN FORBES Requested by Peter Walsh
- MONDAY, AUGUST 3rd
- TUESDAY, AUGUST 4th THANKSGIVING Requested by John Chan & Family
- WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5 MARGARET HARBER Requested by the Harber Family
- THURSDAY, AUGUST 6th
- FRIDAY, AUGUST 7th GRACE FAZAN Requested by Moira Mc’Carthy
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 8th NABIL SABBAGH Requested by the Family
- MONDAY, AUGUST 10th
- TUESDAY, AUGUST 11th GRAZIA & DONATO DI CIAULA Requested by the Virgilio Family
- WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12th
- THURSDAY, AUGUST 13th
- FRIDAY, AUGUST 14th
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 15th EDGAR & JOHN PATENAUDE Requested by Sheila Patenaude
- MONDAY, AUGUST 17th
- TUESDAY, AUGUST 18th
- WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 19th ANA NASCIMENTO & MARIO FREIRE Requested by Odete Nascimento
- THURSDAY, AUGUST 20th JOSEPHINE CHAN Requested by John Chan & Family
- FRIDAY, AUGUST 21st NADIA GOUDA Requested by the Family
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 22nd GINO GERALDI Requested by the Family
- MONDAY, AUGUST 24th
- TUESDAY, AUGUST 25th
- WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 26th
- THURSDAY, AUGUST 27th
- FRIDAY, AUGUST 28th
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 29th DANNY GARRIDO Requested by Mimi
- MONDAY, AUGUST 31st